Monday, April 8, 2013

04/08/2013 Magnificent Monday!

Greetings everyone and welcome back. I hope your weekends were all super awesome. Mine was too short, but it will all be made up by the fact I technically I have Friday off. I say technically because I have to go into work earlier than I normally do, but I don't have to do the job they pay me for, I just have to try and get people to buy my stuff. Almost done with the 'coloring forever' portion of my life, which is really exciting. Then it will be a matter of making everything look even and doing some fancy writing on the backs, then ta-da! Done for real!

I am really surprised that my hand hasn't fallen off during this experience. The most problem I've had (which now will change to agonizing pain because that's how fate likes to be a jerk to me) is my fingers get cramped up from holding the pen too long. I have 16 total cards left to go, and I'm fairly certain I can get that done by no later than Wednesday. I really appreciate everyone's patience with me while I do this; it's a way to continually motivate myself while facing the crippling idea of everyone walking by my table and/or ignoring me.

A part of me is wondering what I'll do after I'm done with the cards, since they have taken up a ridiculous amount of time in my life. Aside from jumping back into editing full-force, I'm also considering doing some jewelry making, so that the next time around I have a bit more of a variety to sell. If I do it again, but I'm trying to stay optimistic, so that's what I'm going to tell myself is going to happen.

Remember, this line of work is all about perseverance; no matter how hard it gets we need to keep going forward. I'm not to the point where I can do writing/whatever you call the rest of this as my full-time job, and I really doubt I ever will be (unless something magical happens and things seriously take off) but that isn't going to stop me. Just like this blog; it's tough sometimes, but if I stop now that means I've given up. For now I'll just enjoy the ride and see what happens next.

I'll see everyone back here on Wednesday. Hopefully I will have word of being completely victorious in my estimated completion of stuff, or at least be able to say I will finish while at work that day with a fairly large amount of confidence. I'll see you all then though, so I hope you all have a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment