Monday, January 23, 2012

01/23/2012 Magnificent Monday!

Hello! Before anything else I would like to apologize for the lack of post on Friday. For those who are in western Washington, I'm sure you know what happened, but for those who don't, we were hit by a snow/ice storm that knocked out power for a majority of the area. We lost our power Thursday morning and didn't get it back until Saturday, and once it came back my time was spent trying to make everything warm/charged again. I'll try to make sure the post for this Friday is super awesome to make up for it.

I've been through ice storms before, but this was the first one where I've lost power, and damn was it awful. My little car is bad in snow, so I couldn't really go anywhere unless my bf came home, and the rest of my time was spent wrapped in blankets and cats in a desperate attempt to stay warm. Ended up having to put a hand-warmer in my snake's tank to try and help him out a bit too. The whole time I kept thinking about how I could totally be productive, then I would remember the laptop that had died charging my phone and went back to trying to be warm.

Tons of trees fell all over my area, which was one of the reasons it took so long to get power back, and there are still people that don't have it yet. I feel bad for them, and hope they get it back up soon. If anyone who's reading this is still without power, please stay warm and safe, hopefully it'll be up soon!

Thanks for stopping by, and for your understanding about Friday. Please stop by the facebook pages for "The Light Rises" and also "Uncrossed Paths" and tell your friends where to pick up the e-pubs at Smashwords. I hope to see you all on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment