Friday, December 30, 2011

12/30/2011 Fantastic Friday!

Welcome back everyone! It's the last Friday of the year (wow that went by fast) and I hope you're all looking forward to this weekend and the new year as much as I am. For now though, let's take a look at the last book review of 2011!

Today I look at "Crimson Rain" by Vanessa Finaughty, it's from the first person perspective, and tells the story of how vampires were created from blood that fell from the sky. I liked it because of the different origin story for them, they weren't just undead hunters of the night, but they also weren't drastically changed to be something a tween would be interested in (you know what I'm talking about, but I'm not going to say it.) They still drink blood, they're still super powerful, and they are still things that bring fear to mankind. Those are the vampires I'm talking about.

I also have always been interested in first person perspective. In my opinion it lets the reader fully involve themselves with the work, since everything becomes from their point of view rather than the sometimes nameless main character. Whenever I read something like that, I tend to get more drawn in, and more attached to all of the characters in the story, and "Crimson Rain" does that rather well.

The story focuses on one vampire that was turned as a young man and the decisions he must make. His choices are either save the humans or save the vampires. It deals with their constant struggles with Mother nature, and how she has a streak of vengeance that shouldn't be ignored.

"Crimson Rain" is free on Smashwords, and according to her insert at the end, is available in print via Barnes & Noble and Amazon. I good fit for the end of the year I say.

Thanks for checking out my blog all of you, and I hope you'll still be stopping by well into 2012. Monday will be another off day for me, so I'll see you all on Wednesday. I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday weekend! See you in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment