Friday, December 9, 2011

12/09/2011 Fantastic Friday!

Welcome back! I hope you all had a good week, either way it's my hope that we end it on a good note. I'm writing this relatively quickly, so let's get right to it shall we?

Today's work is call "The Troll Hunter" by Keith C. Blackmore. The reason I picked this as my selection is because amongst other things, I am a sucker for mythology, and when it's thrown into fantasy I find it incredibly enjoyable.

It follows the journey of a group that's been given the duty to delivery a relic to another land. The area they are going to is dangerous and live with peril, and it's up to their leader to get them out safely. However there are monsters that dot their path, and not all of them are the ones that can be fought with a sword.

There are warnings of graphic language and violence on the main page for the book on Smashwords, so if you aren't into that, I recommend looking away or maybe glossing over those parts when you get to them. "The Troll Hunter" is $2.99 through Smashwords ad I was unable to find it at B&N, so I'm not sure if it is available in the premium catalog as of yet.

This is a good story if you're looking for a longer read, the author lets you know it is approximately 475 pages, so it will definitely keep your interests for quiet some time. I always enjoy stories that are more than just hack and slash, and if it involves deep character back story/development I'm all in. So I say check this one out!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you all have a great weekend. I look forward to seeing you all back on Monday, let's see if we can get that hit counter up to 700 by then, if we do I'll put up a special coupon specifically for my blog readers to use as a big 'Thank-you' for being so great. Until then, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment