Monday, June 23, 2014

6/23/2014 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone and welcome back. I hope the weekend was nice to you all. Mine was not nearly long enough and right now I am wishing for at least three more hours of sleep, but I suppose going to work will have to happen instead. Sometimes responsibilities are lame.

The memorial/wake went very well. The ceremony was actually quite beautiful, and the 21 gun salute was the loudest thing I have ever heard. We then all went to a local Elks Club for the wake and for a pot luck where myself and two of my cousins spoke, and we all made it through our little speeches. My little cousin, which was his great-grand daughter, had never spoken in front of people before and had just turned 13, we were all really proud of her. Some of the stories my grandfather's bowling buddies shared were hilarious, and even his old bartender came to the wake. It was wonderful to see just how many people his life touched. My grandmother was very thankful for all the kind words, even if she said she never needed to know about some of the stories of him being the crazy driver. Even members of my family who are being not as agreeable right now showed up and were completely civil. All in all we considered it a success.

Right now I am looking forward to what the rest of the year is going to bring for me. Currently, November is looking like it's going to be a special kind of hell, which...hooray. Along with National Writing Month, they are also looking at having the 21st be the day of the Winter Craft fair, and that is also the day Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire comes out (which I totally pre-ordered), and then four days later Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is released in the US. I know Thanksgiving is in there...somewhere...I just don't have the slightest idea where. Currently I am thinking if I can just get my word quota done by the 21st I should be fine...just trying to work out the logistics with the craft fair is going to be a challenge, which is why I'm trying to figure it out now.

I am also looking at options for getting my books in print. I have been talking with a local print on demand company and heard back from them this morning about information they would need in order to get me a solid quote. I hope it works out, since I would really like to have them available in a physical format. This printer would distribute to Amazon for me, which while I am still not happy with them, means I wouldn't go through them directly. I'll let you all know how that goes through.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Last week was really hard, and I'm hoping this week will be better. As a reminder, please, if you are looking at this via the Facebook pages for my books, please click the Like button. I have learned that if you don't, after a while Facebook decides you are no longer interested and they will stop showing people my pages. Last Wednesday it said my links reached 0 people. It was really hard. So please help out. For now though, I hope you all have a great rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment