Monday, June 9, 2014

06/9/2014 Magnificent Monday!

Greetings all and welcome back! I'm glad you could all make it. Hopefully the weekend was nice to you. Mine was full of plan-juggling, which is my least favorite kind of juggling (and yet the only kind I can actually do) but other than that it was nice. It was both my father and my friend's birthday, so that meant good time were had by all.

Planning is still happening for my grandfather's memorial, which from the outside seems like a chaotic pile of crazy. I'm sure it's a bit better than that, but it's what it looks like. They are hoping for next week though, so we'll see how that goes. I may end up speaking at it, which is absolutely terrifying since I don't remember the last time I spoke in front of a bunch of people, but if I can manage to put something together and make it through that's good for me.

Moving 'Feathers of the Dead' into my computer continues. I have about 36-something pages through the notebook, which puts me at 20 pages in the Word document. I know that gap is going to just keep getting wider, seeing as it was a 10-page gap previously, but we'll see where it ends up. If I can get the story to be over 100 pages before first-draft edits/additions I'll be happy. There is a lot of work this story needs, so we'll see where it ends up.

It's really interesting coming back to this story, since it is a bit of a refresher for what I have planned for later. Also though because a good portion of it is about them dealing with the death of one of the characters, it is hitting a lot closer to home than it had when I initially wrote it. Overall I think it'll help make the characters reactions be a bit more real, but writing out the death scene was a lot harder than it was the first time. I've also gotten a lot more information about some of the lesser deities that show up toward the end, so I think that will be a fun part once I get there.

All in all I think things are going about as well as could be expected. I am working on getting back into a normal routine, which means going back on my low-calorie diet, which is killing me because right now all I want is cake. All of it, specifically chocolate.

Anyway, I'll let you all get to your normal day! I'll see you back here on Wednesday! For now have a good start to your week and let me know if there is a specific topic you'd like for me to cover. Also, if you know someone who might be interested or thinks the blog might help them out, tell them to stop on by. Facebook has started making it so if you don't hit Like on business page's posts after a while, they assume you are no longer interested and stop showing them to people. I got wind of this, I believe, a little too late, and now the pages for my books are being shown to about 3 - 6 people a week. To give an example of how bad that is, 'The Light Rises' has almost 200 likes and it only shows my posts to an average of 4 of them a week. So please tell your friends to stop by! It sounds fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment