Monday, June 2, 2014

06/02/2014 Magnificent Monday

Hello everyone and welcome back. Things took a bit longer to come back than I expected, and I appreciate your patience during my momentary hiatus. I was dealing with a lot of stuff last week that I hadn't planned for and I really needed the time to focus on that rather than doing much anything else, so I am thankful for being given that chance.

Overall the vacation itself was good (things got bad this last Tuesday, which technically wasn't part of the vacation). I got to relax, got a kitten named Osiris who is working on fitting in rather well. He follows Thoth around and mimics him, which I've never seen a kitten do, and will bring him toys when he wants him to play. Thoth is still a little unsure of him at times, but after only two weeks they are doing very well. Osiris just needs to learn "sharing" and what "grooming breaks" are and they should be ok. If you haven't guessed, I tend to like themes for any pet names I get to pick myself. If I had stayed at my parent's home longer, and we had gotten more cats, they would have followed the Norse pantheon. My compromise for cats at our place (since that guy I live with is actually allergic to them) is that I name them after the Egyptian one. This feeds both my like of cats, and mythology, so I'm happy.

I also got to go to the Lindsey Stirling concert on the 21st, and that was super cool! I got to hear all of my favorite songs, and I'm still primarily listening to those albums pretty much every day. I took videos of my favorites too. I am really happy her fame is taking off, she is really talented and super deserves it. That whole experience was fun, and there were points when I was awestruck by hearing something that I had listened to so many times to see it done live.

There was also the new X-Men movie seeing, which fixes everything (there are still some plot holes, but who cares) so you should all go see it. I won't say anything else, since well, spoilers and all, and I'm not a jerk, but yeah, fixed everything.

The reason for the extended hiatus was that on Tuesday I lost one of my grandfathers. He had been sick for a long time, and two days before it had been brought to my attention how bad it had gotten. His loss was very sudden though as we were all thinking we had months left with him, not less than 24 hours, so my family is still dealing with the shock. I am dealing with the grief the only way I know how, and I don't know if it's healthy or normal, but it's the only thing I can do along with helping where I can. Especially with my father (and my friend's) birthday this week and father's day following so close behind, all we can do is rally together. Again your understanding is appreciated during my extended break.

This week though, moving 'Feathers of the Dead' to the computer continues (slowly, god so slowly) while Jason reads 'Through the Broken Mirror'. I'm still working out a schedule as to what to do when he gets it back to me. I think it'll all depend on actually how far I've gotten. I might dedicate June to 'Feathers of the Dead' just to get as much done as possible, but we'll see. I am really happy to be making so much progress though.

I will be back on Wednesday though, so I look forward to getting back into the swing of things. If you have a topic you'd like me to cover let me know! I'll do what I can do accommodate! Until then have a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment