Friday, September 27, 2013

09/27/2013 Fantastic Friday!

Greetings everyone and happy Friday! It was so nice to have my birthday off and even nicer that I'm getting off work early today. At the very least it saves me the times of having to do a few things before work in the morning. Still working on the cat though, but he has some new appetite stimulant and he's currently interested in stuff, so I'll take that as a step forward.

Today I bring you 'A Numbers Game' by Amy Spahn. It is a short story about choices and the consequences that we have to face when we make them. It specifically deals with the consequences we didn't even know were there and the debate of whether or not that means the right thing was done in the end. Thomas Withers must now face those same consequences and decide for himself if what he did was right.

Imagine you are in an extraordinary circumstance and there's someone staring you in the face begging to be saved. You do what you firmly believe is right and tell the world about it. Then you learn that if that one person had died almost thirty more would have be saved. That is the quandary facing Thomas, and even if it knows deep in his heart that disobeying orders was the right thing to do, not everyone sees it that way.

I picked this story because things like that are something that people face everyday. People in law enforcement and/or military need to make those what-if decisions and face those consequences. To many who live away from that it's hard to picture how much it eats away at them, which is why a story like this is so important.

'A Numbers Game' is available for free on Smashwords, so please stop by and take a look. I know this still isn't the story that was recommended to me in the comments. There is a reason, albeit a silly one, and that is simply being told to check out something and given a link is not something that I readily click on. I have been burned before and know many others who have. So please, if you are going to recommend something to me to read, please give me some kind of synposis or description so that I know that not only is it likely not Spam, but also probably isn't some kind of horrible virus. I don't want to sound mean, but we are on the internet.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I will be back on Wednesday. I will be taking Monday off, because I can, so I will be spending that time sleeping in. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them below. I will fight with whatever system I'm on the respond as fast as I can! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment