Friday, September 6, 2013

09/06/2013 Fantastic Friday!

Hello everyone and welcome back! I was a little worried that I might not have time today, so I wake up just a little bit earlier than normal to discover that my cat had started caring about his appearance again. I couldn't be sure if the missing high-calorie food had been eaten by him until I put a little bit more on his plate. I know they say that pets are like their owners sometimes, but my cats are strange little mirrors and I really should have figured out that heartburn medicine would make him feel better. Anyway, I could talk about how happy I am my cat is eating for hours, let's get to why you're actually here.

Today I bring you 'Slipped' by Edward Lange. Imagine one day you were walking down the street and gravity just stopped working for you. That is the idea behind this story, and while the message it sends seems kind of dire, it is also something important to keep in mind as you go by your day to day lives.

This story is about regret and not in the bad idea at the bar at 1am kind of regret. It's about taking things for granted and how you should cherish every moment that you have because it could easily just disappear the next. Now it may seem like a bleak topic, but the way the author presents it makes things seem like the character is discovering these feelings while also being around something awe inspiring, which helps not to make you completely depressed in the morning.

One of the reasons that I picked this is because of the strong message that it sends. The other is because when I was in 1st grade and pretty much whenever onward, I read up on everything there was available to me on the solar system, and as the character in this story went by each of the outer planets it made me remember that. Especially Saturn, that thing is awesome.

'Slipped' is available for free on Smashwords, and is a nice quick read for a break or lunch. I do recommend checking it out and also let the author know how you feel either by leaving him a review or hopping over his blog, linked at the end of the story. Remember we're all in this together!

Thanks everyone for stopping by, though I am tired, I am going to make it through my work-day hopeful that when I come home my cat will have a little more energy in his face. I know it's going to be a slow-ish recovery process, but quite frankly eating on his own is a really big step right now. Not to mention he was SUPER done with me doing it. I hope you all have a great weekend though, I'll see you all Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment