Monday, September 9, 2013

09/09/2013 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone and welcome back on this rather tired Monday. I hope the weekend helped you all along rather well. I had to work on Saturday, so it didn't seem like a real weekend to me, but I'll just push on through and sleep in this coming Saturday to make up for it. Right now I am still watching my cat and his road to recovery, which is going a bit more steadily than it has been. Right now he's just being pouty because I ran out of the high-calorie food he likes so much, but he's cuddly and wants attention again, so I will take every step forward I can get.

I still need to get 'Rending the Seal' printed out and thrown at my beta-reader. I am a little nervous about doing it, but I know it needs to be done. It's always weird giving someone something that I know has mistakes and I know they are going to tell me about all of them, but it must be done or I will never get things finished. It is still awkward though.

I have also finished reading through what I have so far of 'Through the Broken Mirror' in an attempt to remind my creative juices how that story is supposed to go. I somehow managed not to just scrap the whole thing, which is good, though I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to editing it. Not that I look forward to editing anything, but it's still a relatively new story and I haven't become satisfied with it yet. Likely because it's not finished.

In my spare time, what little I have, I have been also getting ready for the craft fair coming up in November. Now like most things I do when I am preparing is I prepare too early, and you may think that again, but my logic right now is that once it hits November 1st I won't have any time to do anything for the fair, so I need to get everything done/ready long beforehand so there's no worry. Last time I sold those Arcana cards, which I am doing again, however I will also be adding prints of different work, and also throwing some jewelry into the mix as well. I have 100% no idea how much to charge for anything, and for all I know nothing will sell, but it's the attempt that counts. I have bracelets, earrings, and necklaces, so once the fair is done I may be throwing the other stuff out on ebay or something. I'll figure it out and put up a link if I do for anyone that's interested.

Right now my time is spent divided and tired. I know I'll figure everything out before the fair, and I'm also hoping that I will be able to give the patrons some nice bits of customer service that day as well (it'll be November 15th, so I will likely be in the dead-set middle of NaNoWriMo at that point, so...yay). I'll let everyone know how it goes and luckily there is lots of time before that happens.

Thanks for everyone coming back today. I will return on Wednesday with things that are actually important and not just tired ramblings of someone playing with hobbies and cats. For now I hope you all have a nice start to your week, I will work on that 'waking up' thing kids are doing nowadays. Have a great few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment