Friday, September 20, 2013

09/20/2013 Fantastic Friday!

Hello everyone and welcome back. We made it to Friday! Yay! I appreciate everyone stopping by. I did have a suggestion for a book to review, but things have been so 100% crazy I haven't had a chance to look into it yet. I will do my best to do that for next week, since in theory I should have more time. For now I have a book for you all.

I bring you 'Night Sentry' by Greg M. Hall. Horror generally isn't my go-to genre, but I decided to give it a shot today because the synopsis sounded interesting. Mikey is a watchman for Omaha after the world went dead. They built a wall and its his job to make sure no one gets in, especially during the middle of the night. However when a man shows up and doesn't seem to want to leave, he starts wondering if things aren't necessarily right.

Mikey had always been a good boy, even if he had to put up with gruff people in town that were technically his boss, but not the best people to get along with. They'd come to Omaha after deciding they couldn't go on any further after some of the other refugees started dropping like flies. It's up to him to make sure everyone's safe, at least while he's watching, and the man that came to the wall that night wouldn't go away even after he said 'no' to the request to enter. He knew things weren't right, and when it was time to switch posts he alerted the guard captain, however what Mikey wasn't sure if was whether or not it was already too late.

'Night Sentry' is available for free on Smashwords. When I was reading it I had to adjust the spacing on the page, and it could just be a weird system glitch, but I wanted to let you guys know. Please check it out and let the author know what you thought of it, I'm sure he'd really appreciate it.

For now I will thank everyone stop for stopping by. I know this post is a little shorter than most, and I do apologize for that because I don't want to feel like I'm doing anyone a disservice, however having to deal with some things in the morning makes me have very little time to do anything else. I wish I had a bit more time, but I just don't know if I'm up for waking up earlier than I need to. I'm sure once things stable out more with the cat I will have more time. I do hope you all have a great weekend though, I have a prerelease tomorrow, so let's hope I don't do terribly!

No comments:

Post a Comment