Friday, March 22, 2013

03/22/3013 Fantastic Friday!

Hello everyone and welcome back. I hope the week has treated you all well. I have finished the first round of coloring, so I am really excited. Now I have made copies and need to recolor them to make sure everything looks vibrant and pretty. For now though, let's get to the reason why you're actually here!

Today I bring you '192: Part 1' by Jak Kindler. It follows the story of Isaac, a man that is tormented in his sleep and in reality by a specter that attempts to take control of his mind. The formatting is a little non-traditional, but that doesn't mean the story isn't good. It actually helps with the sense of panic going through the main character's mind, so I think it can be worked with.

Isaac dreams of giving the world to Allison, and he loves her more than anything else in the world. However, this dream is different, and even when he wakes up one he sees as Allison can't possibly be her. It's painful and tormenting, and even when he really does see her all she says is that she has to help him. The real question is whether or not she was able to save him. When finally he's able to wake up again, time is more of a question, as is his location, and he finds the one the specter had been guiding him toward.


I picked this story because even with the formatting I still found it enjoyable. The rules to writing are set in so much that is how teachers tell you to do it. My favorite writing professor always told me that real creative writing is exactly that; creative. You need to do things however you need to in order to get your point across. Besides, they are rules, they're more guidelines, so if you think you need to go around them, it's your work and that means you have the authority to do that.

'192: Part 1' is available for free at Smashwords, and is very short, so please to and check it out. I'm sure the author would appreciate it too. Please check it out and tell everyone about it as well, that would be super awesome if you could!

Thanks everyone for stopping by today. I hope everyone has a great weekend ahead of them. My goal is to sleep in at least some point, well however long the cats let me do that. I'm certain it will also be full of coloring, which is nice. For now though, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment