Friday, March 15, 2013

03/15/2013 Fantastic Friday!

Hello everyone! We made it to Friday. I know it seemed like an endless trek and for a while like it would never come, but it did! I appreciate everyone coming too, this was a challenging week and to say that we got to Friday, I say that everyone deserves a treat.

Today I bring you 'Death's Game' by Douglas T. Vale. It's about a young man who, like many before him, tries to deal with Death and after trying to convince the specter that he isn't dead, which fails miserably, he decides to challenge him to a game of chess. Death is entertained by this notion and decides to humor the man before taking him to his final reward or punishment.

Chris had just been out that night for some fun, and he remembers hitting his head, but he doesn't remember dying. Death does, which is why he is trying to take Chris to where he needs to go. The young man disagrees, especially once he realizes that his own faithlessness means that his choices are fairly limited in where he gets to go in the afterlife. He remembers the stories he'd heard before; of people playing a game of chess with Death in an attempt to get out of dying, and being a little desperate he tries too. However, Death is very good, and Chris soon realizes he may be well over his head.

'Death's Game' is available on Smashwords for $1.99 and is a fun story to read when you don't have much time. I am always a fan of a characterized version of Death, especially when they are done well. There are people who make an attempt to do it where it falls flat, and this is not one of those instances. Please also check out the author's other works as well, as there are several and I'm sure he'd appreciate the views.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today. I apologized for the lack of post on Wednesday, however I really needed just a day to let my brain melt while I caught up on things. I'm still a little tired, but we're better than we were, so I'm going to take what I can get. The project is coming along nicely, but I am starting to see that my determination to have something to do during the day is taking it's tole. I'm trying to figure out how to give myself a little break during the day and so far the option seems to be cut out my writing, at least until the drawing/coloring is done. I think I should be able to manage this, but we'll see how it goes. Anyway, I hope you all have a great weekend, I should be back on Monday with a lot more energy. Until then, I hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment