Monday, February 3, 2014

02/03/2014 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone and welcome back! Even if you are not a sport person, you likely heard about the outcome of that thing that happened yesterday. People around here are still recovering as I'm assuming the partied until some crazy hour of the morning. There were people setting off fireworks and I could hear cheering for blocks. It was probably one of the coolest things I've ever experienced. We had the windows closed and I was watching stuff on Hulu and I could still hear people, they were so incredibly happy and it made me happy for them.

The writing progress continues and I am almost done with the first stage of 'Daughter of the Shackled King's editing. My hope is to get it at least over 100,000 words by the time I get to the end. I don't know how many pages that will make it, but the word count will make me at least feel like it isn't a short story. It's almost there and I'm sure I'll make it, but all it's really doing is telling me just how short 'Feathers of the Dead' actually is. So that will be an experience once that all starts. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep working on its editing or if I want to move onto 'Through the Broken Mirror' and get that process started once I'm at the end though. I can see benefits to both, which is what's making it a difficult decision. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I am looking forward to next week though. Not because I work on the 15th, which is super not fun, but because I will have a a couple days off during the week. I made the executive decision to take Valentine's Day off, which I was surprised I got it, so have Thursday and Friday to relax will be nice after having things to do for two Saturdays in a row and it not feeling like I actually have a full weekend because of it. I don't know what this week has in store for me, there is talk that our reviews will be done, which I am anxious about, mostly because I haven't had a full-year review done before. I'm sure it'll be fine, but that doesn't mean I'm not nervous. It will likely also involve listening to calls and I hate that so much.

For now I will focus on what I can control; my work and my writing. I am still really excited to be making the progress that I am. I know that I will end up hitting a bit of a slowdown when I start having to transcribe 'Feathers of the Dead' but my hope is that since I've already done it once, it won't be as slow of a process this time around. Once 'Rending the Seal' is ready for the public to see, I'll make a big announcement, so I hope everyone's excited for it!

Right now I hope you all have a great start to your week. If you live up in the Washington State area, I know you're having a good day so far. Everyone else I hope you are too. I'll be back on Wednesday so if you have any topics you'd like me to look into, please let me know. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment