Monday, February 24, 2014

02/24/2014 Magnificent Monday!

Greetings everyone and welcome back. I'm glad you all returned and I hope you had a super fun weekend. Per the usual I am wishing that it was just a little bit longer, but I know there isn't much I can do about that. That doesn't stop me from hoping and dreaming though, right?

Things are going about as well as they can on the editing front. I am still convinced that I'll never be done, which is always exciting, I suppose. It's mostly to the point where the changes would be made based on my opinions without me actually having to go through the whole 250-some pages again, but I know that isn't a technology that exists or a magical power I posses. I just know that I'm getting so close to being done, I'd just like it to actually get there.

I'm fairly certain now that writing a book is 20% writing 60% editing and 20% miscellaneous things like cover design, advertising, planning, outlining, character development, and other such things. Any objections or other ratios let me know, but looking at my last year I'd say that's how it feels. I know that someday I'll be able to get back into the writing portion of things, it just feels like it's a very far away part at this point.

We have almost made it through February, which hopefully means that slightly warmer weather is on its way as well as the fun month that is March. Really the only fun part of it is St. Patrick's day, and I don't even drink, but still, it's a fun day. I think there should, in theory, be a craft fair coming up in April though, so I am going to start getting some things together for that. I still have a pile of jewelry left over from the first one, so I am going to focus on getting some ready-made prints done and more pictures for people to purchase while there. If there is one happening...I'll need to check with the appropriate parties involved first. I just realized the time and would like a bit more than a couple weeks to prepare.

We are getting close to 10,000 visits here, and that is a truly confounding number to me. I would like to send a much appreciative thanks to everyone who's stopped by over the years. The support has been fantastic and sometimes it's just what I needed in the morning. I know that it's taken a while to get to this point, but I don't mind being a little slow and steady there, because I know it's just a matter of time before things skyrocket. So thanks again, and I hope to have new stories for you all in the future. For now though have a great start to you week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment