Monday, October 28, 2013

10/28/2013 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone and welcome back. I hope the weekend saw you all well. As always I wish it had been longer, especially with how busy things are going to be toward the end of this one, but I suppose I can't have everything that I want. With Halloween, a potluck, and the first day of NaNoWriMo I am currently feeling a little intimidated by what Wednesday through Friday is going to bring me. I say Wednesday since that will involve a lot of prep for Thursday in it. Anyway that is totally not what you're all here for today.

While getting myself mentally prepped for NaNoWriMo, I am also still working on getting things edited. With the transposing of 'Daughter of the Shackled King' done, I have been working on doing the first draft edits of that story. There are about as many so far as I had anticipated, mostly because I found when writing something by hand I would become impatient and would skip over a lot of details, so going back over everything gives me a chance to fix that. I have added on 2 1/2 pages overall already to the total page count, which does make me happy. I want to have it be at around 150 by the time I'm done.

It's really weird seeing something that is so close to being a finished product being so much shorter than the other two. 'The Light Rises' (which is still on sale until Wednesday with coupon CN49P by the way) ended up being 211 I think, and currently 'Rending the Seal' is at 248, though that may change after the beta-reader is done with it. Knowing that something else is about 100 pages less than that but is still a finished product in the same series just seems odd to me, especially when you look at a book series like Harry Potter where there later books became murder weapons, it makes me wonder if I did or am doing something wrong.

For this week though, all thoughts and whatnot will be on NaNoWriMo! With Friday being November 1st that is a great day to get things ready to go. Again, I do apologize there won't be a review that day, but I want to get as much of a jump on things as I can, especially with November being as holiday and event-riddled as it is. Though the nice thing this year is that Thanksgiving is the last Thursday of the month, so that does add an extra week onto my potential time. As nice as that is however, that doesn't mean that I don't still have family events, appointments, work, and craft fairs to battle against. Do any of you have any strategies you will be implementing this year, or have ones that have worked in the past? If you want to share them feel free, I'm sure everyone would appreciate hearing them.

For now I will take my leave though. I will be back on Wednesday in full 'Holy crap two more days!!' panic mode. I hope the start of the week is nice to all of you and again if anyone has any tips, suggestions, fond memories, or even emotional outbursts feel free to post them below. I'm sure someone would be able to help or start a discussion with you. Have a great few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment