Monday, October 21, 2013

10/21/2013 Magnificent Monday!

Greetings everyone and happy Monday. I'm glad you could all make it here today. I am currently trying to figure out how I'm going to push myself through work on however much sleep I ended up getting. So far the cat trying to convince me to go back to bed is the best argument for what I should do that I've heard. He seems to know what he's talking about.

The main draw this week is that on Thursday I get to see a Rifftrax Live event. They're going to be showing the original 'Night of the Living Dead' which while a groundbreaking movie for its genre, when compared to everything that's been made now, well....yeah. It's bound to be fun though and I'm really look forward to it. Let's hope I can keep myself functional until then.

I have been editing the first actual draft of 'Daughter of the Shackled King' and there have been points where I've wondering what was happening to me while I was transposing it. Some of the words that were typed don't even make sense. I'm really happy I'm catching them now, but at the same time it just makes me curious and also a little concerned about how my brain works to see so many mistakes there. It is a nice thing to pass the time with while waiting for November 1st though; it's not a very wrist-intensive thing to do, which means that I can actually take a little bit of a break.

Also I keep thinking about how busy November's going to actually be. I mean, one of the nice things was when I discovered that Thanksgiving is actually the last Thursday of the month this year, which means that my goal to finish before that day just had a whole week added to it. I also have a craft fair right in the middle I need to prepare for, and I'm sure the closer I get to that day the more nervous about it I'm going to become. I will have more than just those cards to sell this time, so it's going to be a real test of my customer service, social, and sales skills. I really just hope I made some extra spending money for the holidays.

That does ask who is all going to be participating in NaNoWriMo this year? I'd love to hear from anyone that's going to be doing it. We can all keep a word tally and such to keep everyone motivated. It's a really fun event to partake in, and getting to the 50,000 words mark is a very satisfying moment. Do you know what you're going to be writing yet for it, if you are participating? Feel free to answer below, I'd love to start a discussion about it.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today. Hopefully I will wake up more before I get to work, or at least halfway through it. I will be back on Wednesday and if there's a specific topic you'd be interested in seeing me cover feel free to drop me a line. For now I hope you all have a great start to your week and have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment