Friday, October 25, 2013

10/25/2013 Fantastic Friday!

Hello everyone and welcome back! I hope the week has been nice to all of you. Going to Rifftrax last night was super fun, and I am now debating whether or not I'll be going to the next one. They will be showing what I believe is the absolutely worst movie of all time, 'Santa Claus Conquers the Martians' and I cannot begin to tell you all how much I hate that movie. I saw them riff it on MST3K several years ago and that barely made it watchable. I'm sure you're not here for that though, so I'll talk about something else.

Today I bring you 'Revolution' by Kyra Dune. It mostly follows a man who is tasks with performing the grisly task of an assassination and what goes through his mind in the process. The world is broken, at last to them, and this is the only way to start things on a better path.

Now in this story there is a topic that I am not a fan of, but because I didn't want to make anyone miss out, similar to last week, I decided to still do a review of this story. I won't go into detail because that would be a little spoiler-ish, but the purpose of these reviews is not to punish the author for writing about something that makes me frown. They are to help them get their voices out. Not to mention it all happened at the end, so I was already invested at that point. I just wanted to do a little bit of a disclaimer there.

Eric is the one that has been given the job of the assassin, and his beautiful partner Robin is the voice that the people of their cause listen to. The plan right now is to show the world where the problems lie, even if that means the president is in the way. Her speech is finished, now it's Eric's turn to keep an eye on the secret service, the president, and the rest of the spectators, for the revolution is in his hands and if he doesn't pull the trigger nothing will ever change.

'Revolution' is available on Smashwords for free, so please check it out and let Kyra know what you think about her story. I'm sure she'd appreciate it very much.

I also wanted to give a bit of a heads up/announcement, with NaNoWriMo starting next Friday, I don't want to promise there will be review posts on the Fridays in November, as I will also be needing to keep up on my word quota. For my giving myself a pacing schedule is incredibly important, because it will limit the damage that I am potentially doing to my wrists. I'm not saying that for certain there won't be, I just don't want there to be the expectation they will be there. The other posts should be fine, since I tend to have more time during the mornings to get them done. You're understanding is appreciated!

For now, I hope you all have a great weekend. I work tomorrow, which does make me sad, but I'll make it through. I'll be back on Monday and don't forget, 'The Light Rises' is 50% off until the 31st with coupon CN49P! You're almost out of time, so please tell everyone about it! Thanks so much and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment