Friday, May 18, 2012

05/18/2012 Fantastic Friday!

Hello everyone! My cat Alik and I welcome you back for another visit. We've all managed to make it through the week to Friday and as a thank you I have for you another story to look at.

Today I bring you 'Rainfall' by V.A. Jeffrey. It's a short story about a man who has been sick and put on paid leave from work. He hears voices and sees things, but only after and when it rains. Everything changes right as he goes to call his doctor, and a cat comes to his house and begins to talk.

One of the things I like about this story is how dark is actually is. There is hope for the main character Jonah, since his suffering will be at an end, but the implications of what that means are far greater than something one would generally imagine. Since it is short I won't go into details here, because spoilers are mean, but let's just say Jonah is not alone in his sickness and everyone is going to have to see why.

'Rainfall' has some strange formatting at times, so I'm not sure if it will qualify for the premium catalog, but for now you can get it for free at Smashwords for your enjoyment. I recommend picking this up to check out for anyone that wants a nice read that makes them think afterward.

Thanks everyone for stopping by for another week. I look forward to seeing you all back next week as well. As normal, if there are any comments/questions/concerns/emotional outbursts, feel free to contact me or put them down as a reply to the post. I would love discussions and/or recommendations and think it would be a great way to add something to this blog. Also, remember that 'The Light Rises' is still $1 when you use coupon AW99C through Smashwords until May 30th! I'll see you back on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment