Monday, January 27, 2014

01/27/2014 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone! Super sorry I've been gone forever. I want to let you all know that I am not, contrary to whatever the rumors might say, dead. I have been sick for close to a month though and generally my mornings have been spent being a pile of miserable so I didn't want to feel that I needed to try and rush that and also try and get some kind of coherent post out of it. It started with a cold that turned into a sinus infection, during that time I started getting (wicked bad) nose bleeds, so the doctor cauterized the artery, which meant during the sinus infection I was on the antibiotics and unable to do anything to clear out the drainage that was happening. That was two weeks of just awful, while being sick from the antibiotics. Once I was done with those, my sinuses were still draining, though the bleeding was over so we have 2 victories there, and according to sources, that is normal, so I just needed to wait until that was done on its own. Things are now to the point where I can basically function in the mornings again, so, I have returned to you all.

That was a long paragraph and I apologize. I just wanted to give some kind of sense of what I was dealing with that kept me from here. I think the stress the holidays, family, and friend's family being sick caused my immune system to take a dive. Things are on the upswing now though so I just need them to all get stable and strong again so I don't need to worry.

During my time of healing I have been getting work done mind you. My first beta reader (alpha reader then?) finished up 'Rending the Seal' and I was able to get the necessary edits done from that. Now I have two others reading it over and once that's done I'll be able to get even more work done on it. While that's happening I've remembered that I have 'Daughter of the Shackled King' about halfway done with the initial editing process, so I decided to jump into that for fun while the time passes. I know I should be working on other things, like 'Through the Broken Mirror' but that I believe is still a little too fresh in my mind and I want to give it a bit more time to be a little more of a stranger before I go off and get it printed. Soon though. I think I'll get that started once I'm done with what I'm working on now.

I think I have developed a decent strategy; while beta readers have things work on the things that are/were in notebooks. By the time that 'Through the Broken Mirror' is in the beta reading stages I should be able to start transposing 'Feathers of the Dead' and while my hope is that it won't take the forever and a day the other one did, it will at least get that process started. I have a feeling that 2014 is going to be an exciting year when it comes to the self publishing side of my life. At least I hope so.

Thanks everyone for stopping by. I am really sorry for the hiatus, it was unexpected and I would have rather take one because I went on vacation, not because I felt like utter crap. I am back though and I hope that you all haven't wandered off. I will be back on Wednesday, so please stop by then! Have a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment