Monday, October 22, 2012

10/22/2012 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone and welcome back. I hope your weekend went well. Mine wasn't nearly as long as I would have appreciated, but that's what I get for working on Saturday. I apologize for the lack of post on Friday, I woke up with a terrible migraine and could barely comprehend any summary I was reading, and that any review I did would only end up being a disservice to the author. After going through almost ten and spending most of my time re-reading them before I realized it was different than the one before, I decided to just give my brain a rest. This week should be better though!

This week marks my last full week to do whatever I want during my free time, and I hope to use it wisely. Next Thursday marks the beginning of NANOWRIMO, and while I think I'm mostly prepared, I'm nervous about it. I've come to the acceptance that I might have to decide that I'll finish just after Thanksgiving, and while I don't like that, since that weekend is always full of crazy, I won't cry if I have to do it that way.

At least I know I'll be SUPER motivated to finish once it gets to that time though. Persona 4: The Golden comes out on the 20th, and until I finish my 60,000 words, it's going to sit in its packaging and mock me. Now if I do manage to finish by Thanksgiving that would mean only two days worth of it, but if it's longer than that, I get to experience some form of insanity I'm just not prepared for. We'll see what happens though, either way it'll be an experience and I will finish the final word count again.

I remember the hardest part of NANO being the first sentence, and I'm working on figuring out what it is going to be right now. I keep telling myself that if I can just get it started, then the rest will be easy. I'm also curious about how far into the story the 60,000 words will end up getting me. I haven't figured out how long it's going to be in the end, aside from 'novel-length', so it'll be interesting to see where it ends up at that point. I super can't wait!

Thanks everyone for stopping by! I'll be back on Wednesday so please come back at that time. I'm still waiting for 'The Light Rises' to appear on other retailers, and it's getting kind of frustrating. It now says it was digitally shipped on the 18th, but it said previously it had done so on the 12th. I checked Kobo and any other ebook retailer and it still looks like the original edition. If anyone sees it on their retailer's site and it says ***NEW EDITION NOW AVAILABLE*** please let everyone know! That would be great! Until then, I hope everyone has a great start to their week!

No comments:

Post a Comment