Monday, July 7, 2014

07/7/2014 Magnificent Monday!

Hello everyone and welcome back! I hope the weekend was kind to all of you. It was a nice 3-day weekend for me, so the fact that I have to go in for my early shift is somewhat sadder than it could be normally. The cats did well during the 4th, though poor little Osiris experienced fear for the first time. He did not appreciate the fireworks one little bit.

Although along with discovering some ants (ongoing battle) my managers put up there is a "bee issue" where honey bees want to live in the apartment next to us. They are trying to encourage them not to want to live there anymore, but I saw one looking for a new home and it was too close for comfort to my door. For the record, I find anything that flies, striped, with a stinger, to be absolutely terrifying. I don't care if some are related or not. We are putting up some anti-bee measures today, but that didn't help that finding a wasp in my laundry yesterday almost gave me a heart attack. The ants, plus the bees, plus the wasp did cause for from hollywood-esque dreams though.

As a reminder of things that don't scare me to death, the Smashwords Summer Sale is going on now. Please check it out if not for me, than for the tons of other authors trying to do the same thing. They are just trying to use this chance to get their names out there and it would be great if you all took a moment to look through the lists and lists of people who put their books up for the month. I'm sure they'd appreciate the time.

I hope the start of the week is nice to you all. I hope that there aren't nearly as many bees for me to worry about. Please check out 'Rending the Seal' and 'The Light Rises' which are both on sale as part of the Smashwords Summer Sale. Also if you could spread the word a bit that would be great too. For now though, I'll see you all back here on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment