Wednesday, March 28, 2012

03/28/2012 Writing Wednesday!

Welcome back once again everyone. Hopefully you've all be able to make it through the week so far, and am not anxiously wondering what's going to happen next when it comes to employment like I am.

Today I wanted to take a couple steps back and look at balancing writing time. This is similar to figuring out a time when you are able to do it during the day, but it's more geared towards those of us who have full-time jobs we also do on top of writing. When you're working 40 or possibly more hours a week, finding time to relax is incredibly difficult, and many people do that in different ways. For myself, writing actually is how I wind down, but for others it might be reading, exercise, putting in a fighting game on easy and going to town, or simply not doing anything.

For some people writing is like another job, which is why for them finding a specific time to do it is very important. However, when it's used as something closer to a hobby, it's also important to be able to do it, especially when you're stressed, because it is something that will help you calm down. This is part of the work/life balance that you hear about ever-so-often. My current place of employment is very big on acknowledging it and they encourage people to make sure they find that perfect balance that makes them happy. Right now I have that, however I know that soon that will likely change and I'll need to adjust everything again.

If you take the time to look at your life and figure out where you are able to fit in time to write (or do whatever it is you enjoy) you'll be able to help reduce stress and will actually feel more fulfilled. Especially when you finish your project, having done it while doing everything else brings a great sense of accomplishment. So if you find yourself having a bad day, or not feeling at 100%, or things are just kind of lame, give yourself some time to work on your project and just enjoy it. It will help take your mind off whatever it is that's making things not as awesome as they could be and help you relax.

Thanks everyone for stopping by again. I know this post was a little short, but that not feeling at 100% thing I mentioned is where I'm at right now. I hope everyone comes back on Friday for my weekly review and that you enjoy whatever story I pick. If you have any suggestions/questions/comments please feel free to leave them below. I'd love to see them! Until then, have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment